It’s been a while since I’ve shared a recipe – once college gets busy I find myself having zero time to create new recipes! A few weekends ago I had the chance to try out Madeline Shaw’s almond butter blondie recipe, and just had to share it! I first tasted the blondies at a Linwoods event in September – they were so good I just had to make them again!
The blondies taste incredibly indulgent – you certainly can’t tell they’ve been ‘healthified’! They’re gluten and dairy free, so the perfect treat for anyone with intolerances. I’d love to say they’re healthy so you can eat them every day, but they are still very calorie dense – enjoy in moderation!
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 jar almond butter (170g)
- 120g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100g dark chocolate ( I used Lindt 70%)
- 2 tbsp of Linwoods Milled Flaxseed
- Preheat oven 160°C and line a 20cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, almond butter, coconut sugar, baking soda and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- Break 50g of the chocolate into small pieces. Mix the chocolate and flax seeds in with the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes, then leave to cool.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the cooled brownies.
- Cut into 16 pieces and enjoy!
- These will keep for 3 days in an airtight container (If they last that long..)
Probably best not to work out the calories on these..
Let me know if you try them!